PADI Tec 50
The PADI Tec 50 course is the final stage of the DSAT Tec Diver course and introduces Tec 45 divers to the first stages of full technical deep decompression diving. Certified Tec 50 divers are qualified to make multi gas, multi-stop decompression dives using air, nitrox and oxygen with up to two gases for accelerated decompression. The Tec 50 course extends the training you completed as a Tec 45 diver with more complex dive planning expanding existing skills and with an added emphasis on mission planning and execution.
Kiwidiver can run the Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 as a combined Tec Deep course over a 8-9 day course from our Phuket based Technical Diver training facility where we teach Tec from beginner levels through to Tec Instructor levels.
The course goals:
• To ensure mastery of the motor skills required for open circuit tec diving.
• To assure the diver understands, acknowledges and accepts the hazards and risks involved with technical deep diving with open circuit scuba to 50 metres.
• To provide the foundation skills for further training in technical diving and Trimix diving
As a Tec 50 diver you will be able to dive to depths beyond recreational diving. you can dive wrecks or reefs that most divers cant get to and see marine life that other divers dont get to see. It will have taken a lot time and training to achieve this goal but once you are hear it is time to enjoy it.
At Kiwidiver we focus on core skills that will allow you to dive to these depths safely and confidently as part of a dive team. The skills will be the foundation of your future training as you go onto the next level of Trimix diving to go even further from where regular divers dive
The Tec 45 course consists of three self study knowledge development sections, three practical applications classroom sessions, One confined water training dive and three open water training dives. At Tec Thailand the course takes three days to complete. One day classroom, one day pool and / or beach and one day on the boat completing three training dives. The course can be bundled with the PADI Tec 40 & Tec 50 course and run as a 8 day Tec Deep Diver program.
– Certified as a Tec 45 diver or qualifying certification from another training organization.
– 18 years old
– 100 logged dives
– 20 deeper than 18 meters using nitrox
– 15 deeper than 30 meters
The Normal sequence for this course is:
• Knowledge reviews
• Equipment configuration
• Gas & Dive Planning
• Dive 1: Max 10m / beach or mooring / Air + EAN / simulated deco
• Dive 2: 12m-24m / air + EAN / simulated deco
• Gas & Dive Planning
• Tec 50 Exam
• Dive 3: 30m-50m deco dive with 2 deco gases
• Dive 4: 40m-50m deco dive with 2 deco gases