PADI Tec 45
During the three days of the PADI Tec 45 course Tec 40 divers will be introduced to the first stages of accelerated decompression diving. Certified Tec 45 divers are qualified to make multi-stop deco dives that employ oxygen for accelerated decompression to a depth of 45m.
The course not only develops the knowledge and skills to make open circuit technical dives as deep as 45 meters, but also begins developing the knowledge and skills the diver will need at the Tec 50 level and beyond.
The course can be completed wither on double cylinders with manifold (Twinset) or if the diver is already qualified sidemount diver the course can be conducted on sidemount.
The Tec 45 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical applications sessions and four training dives and uses the same Tec Deep Diver manual as used in the Tec 40 course with the addition of a Tec 45 Handout and additional knowledge reviews.
During the course you will:
– Dive in either the standardised backmounted technical rig or in a sidemount configuration
– Learn to safely plan and complete decompression dives whilst using a single decompression cylinder
– Begin to complete accelerated decompression dives using up to 100% oxygen
The prerequisites are:
– 18 years old
– PADI Tec 40 diver
– PADI Rescue Diver
– Logged a minimum of 50 dives (12 dives on nitrox to deeper than 18m and 10 dives deeper than 30m
The Normal sequence for this course is:
• Knowledge reviews
• Equipment configuration and gas planning
• Gas & Dive Planning
• Dive 1: Max 10m / Beach or mooring / Air + nitrox
• Dive 2: 12m-18m Beach or mooring / air + nitrox
• Gas & dive planing for dives 3&4
• Tec 45 exam
• Dive 3: 18m-30m / Air + nitrox / Decompression Dive
• Dive 4: 27m-45m / Air + nitrox / Decompression Dive