PADI Additional Unit & Rebreather Instructor Crossover Course Thailand
If you are a PADI Rebreather Instructor and want to qualify to teach a different unit you can attend a PADI Additional Unit Course.
If you are a PADI Instructor and already a rebreather instructor with a different training agency on a rebreather listed on the PADI Unit Register and want to qualify to teach PADI Rebreather courses you can attend a PADI Rebreather Crossover Course.
Additional Unit Instructor Qualification Course
A PADI Instructor who is qualified to teach on one Type R rebreather (or Type T CCR with some additional requirements) may qualify to teach with a different Type R rebreather.
To do this, the candidate must meet all the prerequisites for the Rebreather Instructor Course plus:
Be a renewed current PADI Rebreather Instructor or higher level PADI Tec CCR Instructor
Have a minimum of 30 dives and 30 hours on the specific Type R rebreather for which the candidate is qualifying
One Instructor Trainer Presentation
One confined water teaching presentation
One practical application presentation
One knowledge development presentation
Confined water presentation
Complete and pass the PADI Rebreather Instructor Exam
- Introduction & Course Overview (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
- PADI Rebreather Courses (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
- Candidate Knowledge Development Presentation
- Candidate Practical Application
- Rebreather Instructor Waterskills Assessment (confined water)
- Confined Water Teaching Presentation
- Standards and Theory Exam
Rebreather Instructor Crossover Course
A PADI Instructor who is qualified to teach a Type-R rebreather with another recognized training organization may qualify as a PADI Rebreather Instructor on the same unit.
- Candidates attend two Instructor Trainer Presentations:
- One practical application presentation
- One knowledge development presentation
- One confined water teaching presentation
- Complete and pass the PADI Rebreather Instructor Exam.
- Waterskills Evaluation
- PADI Rebreather Diver Rescue Workshop