PADI Sidemount Diver
The new PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course teaches divers how to configure and use one or two cylinders mounted at their sides instead of on their backs. The benefits of sidemount diving include:
• Adjustability. Most sidemount configurations allow a diver to fine tune equipment fit and trim during the dive to enhance streamlining and body position. Using side mounted cylinders can reduce drag and help to better control environmental contact when compared with using back mounted twin cylinders.
• Access. A diver has easy access to the regulator first stage(s) and tank valve(s) during the dive, because they’re positioned in front of the diver instead of behind the diver’s head.
• Back relief. Divers with back problems may find relief by mounting cylinder(s) on their sides.
• On/off in the water. Divers who have challenges supporting cylinder weight out of the water may find side mounted cylinder(s) simpler to use and easier to put on in the water.
• Maximize time. For divers who run out of gas long before approaching no decompression limits, side mounted cylinders provide a comfortable option to increase air supply and maximize bottom time; especially when using enriched air.
Sidemount diver – redundancy
• Redundant gas supply. With two-cylinder sidemount, a diver can handle a low or out-of-gas problem by switching to the second cylinder.
• Redundant gas delivery system. With two cylinder sidemount, a diver can handle a regulator failure by switching to the second regulator.
• Ease of use topside. Carrying two smaller cylinders can be easier than carrying one large cylinder (or backmounted twin cylinders) to and from the dive site.
This specialty is recreational in scope, including no-stop dives.
• Maximum depth –18-30 meters/60-100 feet, depending on diver training/experience.
• Diver prerequisites – Open Water Diver and age 15.
The course includes a practical application session, one confined water dive and three open water dives.
1 Day Discover Sidemount beach adventure dive 4,000 Thai Baht
2 Day PADI Sidemount Diver Beach Course 11,900 Thai Baht
2 Day PADI Sidemount Diver Boat Course 14,500 Thai Baht
Master Scuba Diver Challenge
5 specialties in 5 days Master Scuba Diver Challenge - Take the PADI MSD challenge with Kiwidiver and become one of the many divers to achieve Master Scuba Diver with Kiwidiver. Already a PADI MSD - don't worry, you can still get the incredible five specialties in a five day package.
Spend 5 days with your own PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer working towards your goal of becoming a confident experienced diver. Your PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer will not only coach you in the 5 specialty areas you are completing but also assist with advice and training in boat diving, buoyancy, air consumption and many other areas.
Some specialties have special requirements or require special equipment. And some are only available at certain times of the year. As this program can is tailored for each individual and specialties & pricing may change depending on the Specialties you need to do. Kiwidiver helps with free registration with PADI as a Master Scuba Diver. Please contact us for further details.
For instructors we also teach the Master Scuba Diver Trainer instructor level. We teach Specialty instructor for all the specialties we teach at diver level. See our Instructor Training website for details.